Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I Like Pipes


That Jeff! You gotta love'em!

Me? I'm the lone dissenter here. (Probably.) I simply don't think I have the wherewithal to put together a cookbook worthy of anyone's time or reading. (But I will tell you this: Jeff's delicious concoctions are first rate, regardless of the fact they're mostly potato dishes.)

My vanity project? Well ... that was my pipe project I put together quite a few years back.

The Department of Transportation was revamping a couple mile stretch of road in a sleepy little Southern California town (San Gabriel to be exact) and they had dug up a hefty bit of old sewage pipe from days gone by. The leaky stuff had worn out its usefulness and it was time to update.

 
I saw an opportunity. I grabbed my camera and got shooting.

The result? I have hundreds of photographs I plan on publishing in the near future, each one to be lovingly accompanied with captions. (I'd rather not reveal the captions here; I want that to be a surprise once the book is published.)

However, I'm happy to show you my efforts from walking up and down the street, crawling under and over and through metal piping, a little glimpse of what to expect. It's exciting stuff!

If this isn't a vanity project, I don't know what is!

























You might wonder: What does this have to do with The Unbelievables?

NOTHING! These are our vanity projects. We have lives outside our crime-fighting do-goodery, you know! And this one, mine, is coming soon to a bookstore near you.

And ... I know! Hello! I'm champing at the bit to discover what Clark has in store for us Friday ... !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment