Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Starting the day in an Unbelievable way

We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but did you ever stop to realize it's the sexiest meal of the day?
Think about it.
There's nothing sexy about lunch, which consists of heating up a Lean Cuisine in a dirty office microwave or going out for a sandwich.
What's sexy about dinner, a big heavy meal that makes you sleepy?
No, it's breakfast, the meal you eat after getting out of bed. Just look at the sexy names of the food items you eat at breakfast:

  • Omelette
  • Quiche
  • Croissant
  • Sausage
Not to mention hot Coffy
Best breakfast I ever had? Well, this one was pretty good...
Four years ago or so, somewhere in Chicago. I think we had eggs and stuff or something.



2009 or 2010 in Canada? This one was delicious too. Waffles, maybe. Or pancakes.


Oh yes, I remember this one in detail! It was in the spring of either 2011 or 2008 or 2006 when I was in Texas or Detroit. We had French Toast. Pretty sure.


New Years Day, 2001. Or Easter morning, 2004. Europe? I don't remember. This was a pretty great breakfast, in spite of a pretty awful menu. I got a stomachache. 




Eggs again? Maybe? I don't know. I'm going to go with eggs. In the winter. Or summer. Maybe spring. Possibly autumn. Somewhere in North America. Probably.


The absolute best breakfast I've ever had though? That's easy!
No contest
February 4th, 2015, 8:34 AM at the Waffle House in Walterboro, South Carolina. I had two eggs over medium, with the edges just slightly crispy, two sausage patties (NOT LINKS!), wheat toast, hash browns in the classic scattered, smothered and covered style, with a large orange juice to drink. I paid with cash, a crumpled $20 bill printed in Ft. Worth, Texas and issued into circulation in 2007 upon which someone had doodled glasses and a mustache on Andrew Jackson's face. I left a 30% tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment