Wednesday, May 7, 2014

On Wednesday, someone got hurt

"Sounds like somebody had a case of the Mondays!", Jeff and I said simultaneously, followed by an awkward exchange of attempted fist bumps and high fives to celebrate how clever we were. "You guys", Michael continued. "I think we need to take this seriously. My Michael Sense is tingling". Jeff responded to the first part of that statement, as our policy is to ignore when Michael refers to his 'Michael Sense', which he seems to believe is some sort of inherent ability to anticipate danger yet only seems to be accurate when it comes to finding clothing-optional recreational sporting events nearby. "Come on, Michael", he said. "We get threatened all the time. Threatening The Unbelievables with doom and dismemberment is practically a cottage industry at this point." I had to agree (Jeff glares at me when I don't agree with him and I find that unsettling). "I agree. If somebody doesn't threaten us at least once a week, I actually get a little depressed", I said. "I don't know", said Michael. "Something seems different about this and I don't like it." "Well, if it turns out to be legit, it's probably the work of D I-ngo Serra", I offered. Jeff and Michael stared at me. "Why would you say that?", Jeff asked. Over the next two days (Because that's the only way this whole story makes sense without asking you, the reader, to believe that it took two whole days to get this far in a relatively short conversation. You'll see why in a second.), I compiled a long list of reasons why I think he or she hates me that I started to read to Jeff and Michael when I was suddenly interrupted just now (if you're reading this on Wednesday, May 7th; if you're reading this at a later date, that's when it happened) by a rock thrown through the window that struck me in the back of the head, knocking me unconscious (See? This is to what I was referring earlier). Ow!
So anyway, it looks like there was something to Michael's 'Michael Sense' after all. Huh. Who knew? It's going to be real interesting around here on Friday! I hope I'm not the one who dies, though.
"Ladies, I don't see why we all can't take turns looking after Clark's head wound."

1 comment: