Monday, October 28, 2013

By The Power Of Grayskull

Continuing on a theme from last week (dodgy cartoon characters), the Unbelievables report the passing of Lou Scheimer, founder of Filmation and supplier of the voice of the hated Orko, on the 17th of this month. 

While we are loath to speak ill of the deceased, it cannot just be us that found Filmation's output to be both substandard and depressingly condescending. Who can forget these...?










Rick Springfield has never looked back.


"The jungle; here I was born; and here my parents died when I was but an infant. I would have soon perished, too, had I not been found by a kindly she-ape named Kala, who adopted me as her own and taught me the ways of the wild. I learned quickly, and grew stronger each day, and now I share the friendship and trust of all jungle animals. The jungle is filled with beauty, and danger; and lost cities filled with good, and evil. This is my domain, and I protect those who come here; for I am Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle."

However low-quality these cartoons were, though, we cannot help but feel nostalgic when we think of them. It was a simpler time back then, and we miss it. So for that, Lou Scheimer, even though you were Orko (and the irritating Mo from the Space Sentinels), we salute you. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment