Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Let it Snow? No, no, no!

I appreciate Michael giving me credit for being the "fashion maven" of The Unbelievables. Considering how much we've always relied on style over substance, that is high praise indeed. Although this artist's rendition of Jeff and I certainly benefits from a considerable amount of creative license; I've never been that much older than Jeff. Taller, yes. But not older.

"Yes, that's it; go ahead and stand up as straight
 as you can. I'm still a foot taller than you, Jeff."
 Regarding this particular case, Sam "Frosty the Snowman" Snow's attempt to make children miserable by ridding the world of toys was merely a prelude to his grand plan for total world domination. Inspired by the godawful puns cracked by Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze in "Batman and Robin" (and also in every other role in every movie he's been in), he wanted to turn the Earth into his own personal Snow Globe. You could say that the toy ploy was merely the tip of a much larger iceberg. Well, you might not but you can bet Sam would. And that isn't even a pun; it's just a reference to something that is cold. See why we had to stop him?

Anyway, it was my idea to catch Snow by becoming that which he sought to destroy. "If he wants to eliminate all the toys in the world, then gentlemen...we shall become toys. And by that, I mean dress like dolls", I said. My partners were silent for a moment. "For some reason I can't put my finger on, I believe that is an absolutely terrible idea", Michael said. "What do you think, Jeff?" Jeff said, "you're probably fixating on the fact that it doesn't make any sense. And I mean, no sense whatsoever. Not even a little bit, at all. But on the other hand, I can't think of anything better right now, so let's do it."
This resulted in us dressed like this:


Michael still wears that hoodie when he's playing hacky sack
 and listening to Widespread Panic out on the quad. 
 And then some other stuff happened ... maybe Jeff remembers and can fill you in ... and we came out on top again, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment